R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Magic G4
Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 07:10 AM
British Menace
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NitroWD
using yr method, my front actually is more than my rear. although i've set my front to have more droop (droop gauge smaller number on front than rear).
something wrong?
Hello NitroWD,

Using the droop guages. You want to have a slightly higher number at the front then at the rear. This will give you 'more' droop at the rear then the front.
A little confusing I know but that is the ideal. (more droop at the rear then the front!)

Have less or very little droop at the front will really help with on-power steering of the car. Haveing more droop (or down travel of the rear wheels ..... same thing) will 'allow' the rear to roll more which it will 'want' to do due to the higher roll centre found at the rear of the car.

Be careful measuring droop with guages. The amount of droop you need or like in the car is directly related to tire size and ground clearence (ride hight) !!!

Remeber "Droop" is the amount of movement each weel has from its position at the car's ride hight, to when the wheel can't go down any more.

Note: Check to make sure that your shock lengths are long enough to let you have your "desired" droop / wheel down travel !!

Hope this helps. Can be a little confusing.

British Menace