R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The future of 1/12 scale
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 01:19 PM
TVMRocket69
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
LOL I'm pretty confidant I can handle it .. Problem is most ppl cant. And we need more ppl in this sport/hobby. I can afford to race , thats not the issue here . I for one greatly miss 10.5 in my T/C . Some of the best racing is where most everyone can be right there running with the pack so to speak. I had to give up off road racing as it is way out of hand. I love the global Spec GT class as its fast enough but not crazy! But still it would seem that everyone would perfer Li-Po's over "round cells" and 2 cells are way too fast in that car. As for T-Bars.... I know some ppl love 'em but... they are fading fast ! That fiberglass center section is best suited for billiard table smooth tracks , and last I checked .. billiard tables are far too small for 1/12th racing. Almost every car has gone to the non t-bar style and as for those that havnt well... time for a new design! And as for the matchers? If they havnt started doing lithium whatever .... perhaps they should have closed their doors long ago. Time chames things and things change the times.
Either S**t or get off the pot. Every class out there in every country is trying to slow the cars down, weather you like it or not. 5 cells for this 4 for that... I think it overdue actually. Things have gotten out of hand and I for one dont want to see R/C racing go down like Slot cars did! I hope I have made my point a bit more clear.
Clear sure. But how much slower do U want 1/12 scales to be. They use to use 6cell's, now 4. Now people want 1 cell Lipo's. The only electric onroad class that has survived the test of time without dying is about to. But ROAR has the final say, so I'll just wait and see what they do.