R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - In 2009 ROAR goes to 6 Minute electric races
Old 11-24-2008, 04:06 PM
SmokinJoeM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davidka
What about going with 7.2v/21.5t BL in 1/12? Still too fast? The only non 7.2v lipo solution currently is a 1s 3.7v battery which isn't even enough for the radio.
Originally Posted by reenmachine
There are a lot of people doing a lot of testing with this and dozens of pages written on it in other threads. Mega-condensed version: 7.4V/21.5=way too fast; 7.4V/some tiny motor=works, but PITA; 3.7V/10.5 or 13.5 or other works great so far, tiny lipo rx pack is no big deal, and circuitry on the way from Novak to boost voltage to the rx and eliminate rx pack.

There's a lot of good reading if you search.
At our track we have been testing 21.5 with 2000Mhz 2cell Lipo (7.2v) and the only problem I had is that I tried a rollout that I was using on 17.5 with Sub-C Cells. I won't do that again since I almost ruined the Lipo pack
The 21.5 with a Lipo seems to be about as fast as 17.5 with Sub-C Cells. I would like to see a hardened case Lipo 2 cell that would work in BMI 1/12 scale chassis. Or a pack that has the cells separated to work on a T-bar car. Just a thought.