R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Any abc hobby mini genetic user here?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
hyperscorpic
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yo Gary, talking about me ar?

I got a Genetic ABC mini. Parts wise, invest in a foam bumper and chassis protector (can be bought from RCMArt)
Driving wise, I have no coments yet, coz I broke my chassis due to WOT into metal pole (hence the need for a foam bumper)

Parts can be bought from RCMArt, but with limited aftermarket support. So can be good or bad la...Good = wun be tempted to hopup like crazy; bad = all genetic look the same haha

Shaft driven, so no fear of rocks or such. However, its v troublesome to replace the lower suspension arm...got to remove a lot of screws and parts, esp for the front lower suspension arm.

The stock shock springs also a bit too soft for my liking...
Good thing is that it comes with ball diffs stock...

The M03 can be quite fun to drive, but must setup right. Setup very impt for M03. Only down side is the limited gearing, so no point changing to hot motors...good if you just want some fun, but bad if u speed crazy, like colt

MRR2, v fast and stable, but got a weak rear lower suspension arm (just ask EKMAGE ) and I heard the ball cups a bit loose...prone to popping off

Seriously, if you just want to have fun, and not spend too much money, the m03 is the way to go. It's not the fastest, but setup right, its practically bulletproof.
If you want speed, go for the MRR2.
What good then is the genetic for? I can only answer you after I drive my one hahahah