R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Latest and Greatest ESC's
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 09:04 AM
gcooper
Tech Regular

GM v12xc.

It probably is like the keyance as far as size, internal pit wizard and performance. When I replaced my Novak Cyclone I was looking for something good with US repair support.

In one years time I went through 4 cyclones. In 2 years time I still have my origional v12xc never having a problem, knock on wood. After doing the math and feeling like I could have had another speedo for the cost of 4 repair bills I decided to go with GM (the magic of repairs is they fall just outside of warranty). I heard bad things about LRP and not enough of Keyance at the time I had looked.

I used to be a hardcore Novak. My first new Speedo was the T-4 with no bec. I like Bob and felt that he was doing a good job with his Co. After my cyclones experience then my friends brushless motor experience as of late. I am a confirmed Novak avoider. If anything they are good as backup, where mine sits.

Its kinda funny my friend was excited about getting the Novak brusheless. He had a Hacker and thought maybe the Novak would be good in addition. I warned him a little but, also felt maybe things changed. Well he is fighting trying to get something fixed that was bad out of the box.

GMs size is round 1/3 of a cyclone.

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/serv...turer=GMM&tag=

Good luck ! ! !

Coop

Last edited by gcooper; 09-15-2003 at 09:09 AM.