R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Any abc hobby mini genetic user here?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 10:22 PM
colt1402
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazyrc
if i'm not wrong,mo3 is front wheel drive while mrr2 and mini genetic is 4 wheel driven, mrr2 is belt driven while mini genetic is shaft driven , mo3 i think i direct drive? mini genetics is quite fun, the shells are quite unique, u have honda fit, toyota vitz etc etc, saw quite alot of abc shells at the vista point shop, very tempted to buy one more home =D
You're all right on all the mini spec above you mentioned. In fact, there're many more high performance belt driven mini around, usually called mini touring The market for performance mini touring in local is very small. For local, Tamiya M03 is the hottest mini around, they are front wheel driven couple gears. They are the real FUN all round mini in the market.

Don't let the body shell of the mini to decide the mini to get. All of the ABC shell can be mount on any after market mini so long as they have the same 210mm wheel base. Except for the m03 chassis, those sporty body shell like Lotus & Madza mx5 etc can be very trickly to mount due to the front servo is mounted high.

To help you decide better on which "type" of mini you want to commit. First of all ask yourself couple of questions Eg, what kind of performance you want? Do you want to race? Local parts availability? Collection for display? etc