R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stealth PT - New PTX Personal Transponder
Old 11-22-2008, 01:57 AM
Terry_S
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm back

Sorry if I didn't answer any PM questions or emails the last few days have been so busy, I guess everybody has decided to buy transponders this time of year. I'm replying to questions as soon as I can.

Hi kschu, if you don't own a transponder we can make a custom made one for you. The online ordering is at www.rclaps.com order the R9982 or R9983 or R9985.. they are custom case no tabs, tabs, or shrink. You can choose a custom LED and either a long or short lead. The standard PTX R9980, R9981 or R9984 have Blue LED and 190mm lead.

Low_E is correct with the number you have 20 'generic' numbers integrated (PTX-20..) BUT also 1 extra 'custom ID' number so you have 21 numbers in total.

The 'custom ID' number is like AMB numbers when you buy a PT, you don't get the same numbers. Only clone numbers are the same when you send a PT to us to have clones made.

Hi rcfoolz, thanks for your comments we designed our PTX to have a lead that can be changed to save the problems you mentioned. Talking about the prices we just had our clone prices go down, we'll keep the price as low as we can, low prices = good for customers

With the florescent cases idea it's possible I guess but it would need an investment for the extra 'custom' manufacturing option.
We are looking at good ideas for the clubs that have old AMB house transponders, when they go down it's expensive to replace them.
We're offering trade in deals with a good discount on the price of 10 or 20 PTX transponders etc and we can service rechargeable transponders and replace batteries as another option.