R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - pro3
Thread: pro3
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2001, 12:33 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Adam,

The fact that my Yoke has a home made top plate which encourages flex, is nothing to do with track surface whatsoever.

It is just to overcome my lousy driving. The fact that I place reasonably well is just a reflection on everyone elses driving. Have you ever seen my Yoke ride the kerbs - something I do all the time unintentionally. It twists and flexes, but doesn't bounce off and roll so often. That's why I have it....to counteract my lousy driving.

Unlike you, we have raced on other tracks, and let me assure you that ours has far more grip than most. Perhaps the best judgement though, is that of foreigners who have raced on our track. Every one of them has gone away saying it is the grippiest track they have ever run on.

However I am happy to accept and respect your opinion.

Oh by the way, interesting comments by Simon K on Pro 3.

As to your suggestion that I shouldn't criticise the Pro 3 because I haven't ever driven one, let me just ask you a question. Have you ever driven an F1 Ferrari or an F1 Minardi? If I ask you which is best your intelligence and the fact that you follow F1 will tell me the Ferrari .....although you have never driven one. You have come to that conclusion, not because you have driven both, but because you have followed the trend and the facts.

With the HPI business, I read and see for myself. I talk to people that have them, here and abroad. I look at results. I see poor Hara, potentially the best driver in the World, the World champ when he drove a Yoke, now humiliated even by Tamiya, and then I form my opinion. You read books too don't you?

Happy new year.

Joe.