R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MBX5 is here!!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2003, 07:41 PM
chorner
Tech Adept

One tip I've found (actually, I just built the kit this way thinking it made sense, and couldn't understand why it wasn't this way in the manual) is to install the plastic busing from the back of the aluminum hinge-pin holders so that the larger flat spot on the busins is rubbing against the arms. This reduces wear, and tightens up the arms just nicely

That .. and if you're just buying the kit, you can also wait out on the new Mugen aftermarket ackerman plate.

The only other things I might suggest; perhaps the aluminum radio tray post and middle support brace. Make sure you use your rubber grommets on your servos especially with the alu. radio tray mounts. If you notice, when you built the kit and install the radio gear and rec box, the front of the radio tray by the stock plastic post can be moved around with your finger pretty easily. Might have slightly better and stronger steering (not that you'd notice really though I guess, but every little bit helps to me) with the alum. post. Not only that, when cleaning ... you'll be takign the radio tray off a few times and well; threading into aluminum will tend to last longer and remain stronger than constantly retightening into plastic.