R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 11:53 PM
air8
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I put the conversion kit on a friends 8ight tonight. He went with the 1700KV motor and will be using the 5s Losi battery, which arrives tomorrow, er today actually. The conversion kit comes with a 45t pinion and 15 or 16pinions.

Now, too me it seems this thing will be a bit overgeared. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

So when we get this thing ready to go, should we start with the settings mentioned above? Or would those setting be Mamba specific?

Putting the electric parts on when pretty well. But since I'm used to running the 8ight as nitro, I got mixed up putting the center diff back in. I didn't realize it goes on backwards. LOL. They gave me some grief on that one. But no big deal. Just a couple minutes to switch it back around. The one aspect I was uhappy with is the shorter wire lead from the on/off switch. There was BARELY enough wire to run under the battery tray, across the chassis, and to the switch plate on the RX box. That was just a minor annoyance though.

Can't wait to test this monster out tommorrow. Thanx for any tips you guys can provide.