R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Marshalls Hilltop Hobbies raceway Pa.
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2008, 08:14 AM
TimNJ
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lotus1
Well said and presented post Tim.Nice.I agree we need to agree.That's why I proposed a vote.I am really not sure at the moment about this issue...Your track...is it bigger than Marshalls? That,maybe I'm wrong...nah,might be a factor in your findings.I'm for the moment going with my brushless and am looking to have a good day(not like the crazy last sunday) to see how it all stacks up.Splitting/together...as long as we are ALL having fun.HEY,RUBBER anyone????It is cool! The only problem with splitting is,...is it fun to run with only 2-3 cars.?Could be...we have a lot of fun in rubber that way.So....the story goes.Luv and Kissys,Mario.
Thanks, Mario, and you're right, our track isn't quite as big as Marshall's, but there's still plenty of room to be able to notice if one car is out-powering another car.

I agree that we shouldn't get too wrapped up in the politics, etc etc. First and foremost we're there to have fun and get faster each week. And splitting the classes would make things even, but most likely less fun at the same time because, like you said, there would only be a couple cars on the track at any given time.

I propose that we all try to get there early on Sunday, sit down with Bill, talk it over for a few minutes and then take a vote. Even if it's voted that 19T and 17.5 run together, I won't have any hard feelings and I'll keep coming up to race. I'll look at it as an extra challenge in that I will have to drive my absolute best to hang with the 19T cars.

This is just a random thought, but perhaps the guys who were running 27T brushed motors didn't play with their gearing enough? I mean look at me as an example... I ran 3 Q's and the main at the open house... Still didn't get my gearing right, but I got closer with each run. Then, on Sunday, I ran 2 more Q's and got closer on gearing... It wasn't til the Amain that I hit the sweet spot. So I'm just thinking that maybe the 27T guys just needed more time to play with their gearing.

Either way, it's good that we can communicate on this thread in this manner, rather than everyone getting all out of hand like we've all seen on so many other threads.