R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - False Lipo advertising
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Danny/SMC
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trailranger
How would I quickly compare a 25C 5200mAH pack to a 28C 5000mAH pack?

Read on...

60 seconds was just a figured I used to allow for a better average of the instantanous wattage. If the test was shorter, then a higher load could be used before the battery reached 3.00 or 2.75V under load. So once again the number could be manipulated if just a cut-off voltage was use instead of a required minimum test time. A longer test such as 300 seconds would more than likely be a better way to test for Average Maximum Wattage as the test time would be similar to the race time.

I see the Max Wattage as a easier figure to compare batteries with than C ratings as C ratings are very very subjective. Even if the C ratings were standardized then I still have to compare the trival capacity differences by looking at the battery label should one be present to compare batteries. By all means I am not saying a Max Wattage number should replace the battery label that we are all see on NiMH batteries. Those lables are great for comparing the details of the cells but in reality those details only lead to one thing available power. Work done is measured by watts, so might as well tell the racers how much work that battery can do.

So if I were to discharge 10C pack at 135amps and a 35C pack at 35 amps for 60 seconds like you mentioned I should get different wattage ?

What kind of equipment can do this as I have allot of confidence based on what the 3D Helicopter guys are telling us that our packs provide allot of power/watts.