R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 05:49 PM
schreff
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
the IRS has a distinctive dead spot on center, I found that I needed 7g more on one side when I compared between what was balanced between the hudy and the IRS. The IRS are easier to use, but less accurate. Is getting within 7g enough, yeah for mortals and fairtrace, some people buy 4 digital scales to get it to the .1th
Mike, don't start with the 4 digital scales. Larry might come on here guns blazing about that. I remember Snowbirds '06. Larry and I were running FK05s and were using scales to tweak the cars. Larry's car was always off for some reason. I've NEVER seen anyone tear a car down soo many times as I saw Larry rebuild that FK05 trying to figure it out. That year, we both didn't make the stock TC A main. A week later, we started using an MIP tweak station and NEVER had a problem since. Scales can be inconsistent and you MUST put the car in the same exact spot every time in order to get an accurate reading.

I, too, haven't balanced my cars lately with the switch to Lipo/BL. I'm sure the balance is off on my cars as well, but so far, I haven't seen any true ill effects which means it can't be that far off. I'm also running the speedo on the left like Larry.