R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - False Lipo advertising
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 02:49 PM
trailranger
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Danny/SMC
I'm pretty sure what you saying is similar to the capacity retention of a pack under a high C rate discharge.
Similar, but that would be rated in W seconds or hours if you want to compare capacity renention in the from of watts.

I was more leaning towards instantous wattage averaged for 60 seconds

As a just peaked pack may be putting out 1050watts and then drop to 950watts after 60 seconds with linear votage drop so the average for 60 seconds would be 1000W. I don't expect the voltage drop to be linear, but who knows.

Yes this would require some new software in the load testers, but the algorithems are already in use with SolarPanel Battery chargers and the controllers used to track the Maximum Power Point of the Panel throughout the day as sunlight conditions change.

But a simple solution could be predict a max load to produce the max continous wattage and using a WattMeter connect the load to the batter for 60S. Adjust the load should predicted figures be off. If too low, reduce load. If slightly higher than predicted becuase of higher average voltage, increase load.