R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - False Lipo advertising
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Danny/SMC
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
So Danny, if you’re saying there’s no formula for getting C rating, then everyone’s packs (including yours) are just making up the numbers, or taking what the factories tell them and using it? Please don't get me wrong, I am just trying to understand HOW to explain to others if someone asked the same question like I did....thanks
I think by formula what you guys want to know is the constant amp rate is it's C rate times capacity to figure out the amp constant amp draw. So 1000/35C pack would be able to pull a constant 35 amps while remaining at 90% of it's rated capacity.

Lipo manufacturers test there cells to determine the C rate. The way this is down is to discharge a cell at different C rates while increasing the rate. Once the cell reaches 90% of its capacity that is considered the C rate. Some manufacturers will use 80% but the high end manufacturers use 90%.

For mAH it should be rated at 1C but we see some manufacturers use .5C but as long as they mention it there is nothing wrong with this.