R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 01:34 PM
DJ919
Tech Master

For those that agree cool, for those that dont agree, cool. So here goes:

Sorry fellas , but I gotta keep it real...After reading the last 3 or 4 pages, reading about timing, tinkering, changing this, breaking in that, gearing this, this esc, that esc, this chassis, that chassis, etc...etc... I would go as far as to say most of you have already turned the Vintage TA class in to something it was not intended to be...Highly Competitive "Tour Car Racing"....Just highly competitive Tour Car racing on a Slower pace with muscle car tribute body shells. The thing is, most of you don't even realize it, or will admit to it...BUT PLEASE/PLEASE, before some of you go pulling out your arm pit hairs. Before some of you grab an uzi and climb the nearest clock tower... Just go over the last say 4 to 5 pages of this thread. Hell, even futher back than that. I mean REALLY read posts, and tell me if you don't see the same. Those who tell me you don't, you're blind to the obvious and in pure denial. Now,,,DON'T get this twisted for its cool with me. I love the competitive part of RC racing. I love learning how to be faster than my rc racing competitor. In the pits I'm as fun as they come, on the track Its all business. I've raced that way for years, and that's not going to change. Maybe thats why I see what I see here. Now, I distinctly remember reading a well put together write up that stated if you are a competitive racer, if you tinker with, time, over-tune, buy the latest quality go fast equipment. If do this and do that to your car, than Vintage TA is NOT you. Any body remember reading the same? Well hell, if that's the case, from what I've read over the past pages, the Vintage TA class isn't for 90% of the people on this board. If I'm a NEW racer looking for that cheap dollar friendly class in which all I have to do is develop driving skills to do well, right now I wouldn't see Vintage TA as that class. I'd see it as yet another highly competitive racing class in which MOST are trying to be faster than MOST. I'd see another class in which YES, in order to be among the fast runners, you have to spend Bigger Bucks for better equipment! Driving skills will only get you half way there. This stuff isn't as cheap as its being stated to be. I don't see racers with budget radios beating racers with high end radios...I don't see racers with budget 27t stockers and affordable cells beating racers with 21.5 BLs and big dollar lipos. In MOST cases I don't see racers with old out-dated tubbed chassis beating racers with the latest race engineered high-end chassis. Hey, from what I've observed, most everyone here with the exception Doug himself sounds like a Highly competitive racer trying to find their "fun" side. Its like a football player going to ballet classes to become more cultured. Its just not you!... So I don't know, maybe I'm missing something here, you tell me, with the exception of the body shells and slower go power speeds, is there really any difference between Vintage TA and competitive tour car racing?
Again Hey, I love it, because I am "competitive." I see the same competitive mentality within both classes, which in all aspects makes them the same. But again, what was this class originally intended for? (ANYbody see the message here?)