R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine Wars Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2003, 08:59 PM
EdwardN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: compression toruqe

Originally posted by HELLION
777 you ether misread my last post or diden't understand it! And as far as the few others who dont think compression isen't one of the most important factors providing power let me enlighten you! You are dead wrong!!! There are limits to how much compression you can have but the idea is to get as much as u can with out going into detanation or severe overheating. When you see option parts like supper thin .001 head gasket with a caption that reads increase horse power by simply replacing the head gasket with a smaller one. Are we actually achieving more power by doing this? Yes. So what does it do? (ADDS COMPRESSION) Why are the top engine designers designing there engines with such a close squash band? hmmmmm lets see more compression perhaps? YES!!! The bottem line is you can sugercoat it all you want but when your engine starts loosing compression it will also lose power! Here endeth the lesson!
Hi Hellion. You are absolutly right I can misunderstand what you wrote (my English issue) damn. I've been in USA for 10 years and still can't see the difference between "a" and "z". Sorry abou tit.
I think some how u r referuing to real cars set up and have not too much expirience with Nitro engines ( I might dead wrong on it too). I sad compresi-less is better but I also mentioned reasonble limit. What the limit is, it is up to racer to find his. But power band has nothing to do with compression. You can have great compression in way you see it, but if you make your timing wrong, this compression will not help you at all. I recomend you to find and read some basic principals about 2 cycle engines, I belive Motorman recomend some old book (you can find in his thred). I just want to tell you, I was making engines(modify them and build them ) since I was 14 years old 1977 to 1993. It is not easy to design and build engine, belive me. Much easier to take Novas and do some porting-it will not screw up it anyway. I am ready to discuseabout any 2 cycles engine's desings, but don't tell me I am dead wrong. If I am dead wromg, how come I was many time Soviet union Champion, many time silver and bronze. How come my students were world silver. You kidding me.
I don't want to start any battle with you at all, and I am sorry if some how I insult you, I didn't realy wanted ( my english issue) . I just try to share with everybody what I know and got by my expirience. If it is not acceptable by, that is fin, just stay on your way and I am sure I can live with that, but if you want to listen to me, I can tell you much more about the engines.