R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC5
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 07:55 AM
fiveoboy01
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by treemagnet
hey everyone
i plan to go lipo soon and need advice. first i think im going to use a bitty design tray, although some ppl reckon i dint even need a tray, thoughts? also does it matter what way the leads come out of the battery? i mean some lipos have the leads coming out of the top while others come out the side. which would be better for mounting?

thanks
tree
Depends on the lipo. I use the intellect 3800s with the bumps on the bottom that fit in the battery slots in the chassis. I had all sorts of problems with it shifting, coming out, rubbing my belt, etc even on lighter hits.

I shoe-goo'd the hold down strap to the top of the battery like Josh suggested. The battery does not move at all now no matter how hard I clock the barriers If you have more than one lipo you'll need an extra holddown but it's worth it to keep the battery in place.

Mine have the terminals on the top of the case, I just have straight bananna plugs on the end of my ESC which I plug directly into the battery. I orient them towards the rear, the one is close to the cog for the rear belt but it won't touch as long as the battery stays secure.