R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - When will we see a beefier 4WD from Kyosho\Losi\AE?
Old 11-16-2008, 09:13 AM
dethklok151
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

all you "racers" missed the point.we are all happy that you have your carbon parts to play with.the track i race on can break your carbon parts down the straights,without hitting anything.what the rest of us are after is parts like RPM's stuff.yes rpm material is flexable,but i really dont think that we care about that.does rpm have to make an a-arm 1/8 size to be indestructible on a 1/10 scale?no.

what the point of this thread imo,is about a serious 4wd basher/racer.lately,i have been having a lot of fun with my slash.so have my friends.now one of us has the velineon system in it,and like the newb he is,bought a three cell lipo.i can already see him getting frustrated,which is totally expected.yes i understand that combo really doesnt belong on a track.the point is the driver does.he has been asking me about 4wd buggies.what would i suggest?the only 4wd's are pretty much racer only.so now we get to the topic of this thread.
i ran a crt.5 for a while,and after a bunch of mods,i could pretty much beat that thing like an 1/8 scale.honestly,if traxxas came out with a 4wd slash type vehicle,id be all over it.would i care that it didnt handle as well as a zx-5,or b-44?no.would i be happy that i could drive it in my yard,or in an empty lot at ridiculous speeds without spinning out all the damn time?hell yeah!would i be ecstatic because when i broke it,the hobby shop had parts for it on the shelf,like they do for losi,and associated?hell yeah!

a 1/10 scale 4wd stadium by a popular manufacterer seems like the most sensible rc investment ever.1/10 scale brushless systems are cheaper than 1/8,imo by far.batteries as well.on a small tangeant,brushless has kind of messed stuff up a little by being too fast.dont get me wrong,i love brushless.but when a guy puts the velineon,or almost any other combo in a 2wd car,its overpowered.not everybody is a hardcore racer that is gonna put the time and effort into it to figure out how to drive a 2wd truck effectively at warp factor nine.but he does stand a better chance of staying in the hobby,if he can just as easily point and shoot with a 4wd at twice the speed as he could with a 2wd.
which makes me wonder,why companies put so much time and effort into things like the high roller from losi,instead of a super durable electric 4wd.i really feel like the market is there.