R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Buggies
Thread: Buggies
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 07:29 AM
ABURTON
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I posted this on another thread(808, mbx6, 2.0). I'll say why losi would be a good choice. I have ran most kits and chose the losi before I had any support with the company. So I feel I still have a unbiased opinion.

__________________________________________________ ______________

I'll say go the 2.0 route, or atleast it would be a great choice. For many reasons. I run the car and I do so for a lot of reasons. I do race for losi but here is the thing....

Well before the worlds I looked into what I felt was the best kit overall. I ran several different cars. In the end I went out and spent $5000 and got grp engines, kits, parts, etc to get me going. Why? because I knew regardless I would have support through a very large company should I have any issues. All this before I had any support with losi. You also have very strong team support with Adam Drake, Mike Truhe, Casey Peck, the list just goes on and on. This company is very commited and I felt like they would be unmatched in work ethic and drive. These things trickle down to the consumer and the end result is a great product. The 2.0 you can purchase the same identical car that tq'd the worlds and finished 2nd, the same thing. You need nothing for the car out of the box and is ready for the upper levels of racing out of the box. It's tough, very fast, and can be set up for drivers of all skill levels. Parts support is huge, most local tracks will have several racers with them and if you can;t get it local then any major online store has parts, kit, etc. I have known Adam Drake for many years and recently have got to know mike truhe and the rest of the team, engineers, and even the man in charge at Losi. I have been very impressed with how business is conducted with them and how they treat even the "local Joe" at the track. I can't imagine how this would be the wrong direction for you.

With that said you also have some other good choices there that would make you happy as well. I would like to see you go the Losi route and I am sure they would to. If you have any specific questions you can email me direct @ [email protected], or check the losi threads on here.

Good luck!