R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is TOO TECHNICAL for an off road track??
Old 11-15-2008, 11:10 PM
LOSI SCOTT
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 70 (99%+)

Well i was not even going to post here but i have some things to say.

Ok i raced tonight at track "B" and now i see why they get the turnouts they do. Washtenaw and FTR are 2 totally diffrent tracks by all means. Washtenaw track croud was more of family friends type laid back LOOOONNNG wait LOOOONNNG day type of track. Personally i don't think you will see me there again not trying to diss on anything about it just not for me.

Now FTR is my track i absoulty love that facility that is what has got me where i am at and you could not ask for a better owner/friend then AL Horne. AL knows how to build a track and his layouts are top notch. If you are having a problem with it he will be more than willing to help you out in anyway.

Now i have never seen 98% of the people that went to washtenaw tonight ever come to FTR? Now i guess they might have came one time and got scared maybe??? I don't know but i feel that if you like to race that FTR is one sweet spot to go at least a few times a month it does not get any better.

I kinda see where chad is coming from but even him he comes maybe 2 times a year so yes the layout maybe alittle intimidating but alittle practice day thats all you need and a good practice day at FTR is one awsome day. I know chad well and he is not a bad driver but he drives on alot of loose dirt tracks and the hard pack "blue groove" clay at FTR is much diffrent and takes alittle practice but once you get the rythem his layouts flow like no other.

Ok well just wanted to put a few words out there. Not downing anyone just wanted my 2 cents to be heard.

Anyone who has not been to FTR man come on out it is one sweet facility it will defintly be worth the drive even just to come and do a practice day get the feel of the track before you race it because like tony and others have said there is some TOUGH competition that attends there but hey just gives you something to work for and also AL has got a great hobby shop that grows more and more everytime i go there so there is almost anything you need right there.

Scott D.