R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Stampede XL-1 Upgrade choices
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 07:07 AM
quickshot23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Stampede XL-1 Upgrade choices

Hi everyone - I just bought an electric stampede from craigs list and I thought it was an XL-5 but turned out to be an XL-1. This isnt such a bad thing because it is for a 7 year old but even so, it is slow.

After realizing we wanted more speed we went to the LHS and bought a trinity 17t modified motor and a 23 tooth pinion gear and that definately livened it up a bit.

My question is this...At the time we are running the car on two basic 1500mah nicd 7.2v 6cell batteries. Would we get more speed from a NIMH battery - How about 9.6v...can the motor handle more voltage? How do cells mix into the situation? Are they just for run time or is performance affected as well? Lastly, how much top end speed would I get off changing out the spur gear?

FYI the motor is a Trinity Speed Gem Pro Amber 17 Turn Double Modified Motor - 9254 as seen here http://www.ehobbies.com/tri9254.html

Thanks guys - Sorry if my questions are noob-like questions, im new to the electric area - I personally have a nitro rustler and 4-tec as this is for my fiance's son.

Thanks again