R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SMC 5700mAh 25C Single Cell Lipo
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2008, 11:46 AM
360rcspeedway
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Donny,

Thanks for the feeback and I'm looking forward to converting over my 1/12th scale to a Lipo system. Quick question. Do you feel there is a need to replace the 1s Lipo pack after each heat during a club race? Not sure if there is enought time, 1-2 hours between rounds to re-peak a 1s lipo pack safely?

Do you believe its neccessary to have a few packs available to change between heats to avoid overheating / damaging a 1s race pack?

If so, that's fine, it just influences the wiring. Also, will the 1s have wires for a plug? versus a bullet connection? If yes, I'm assuming deans connectors? IMO: kind of cheezy for a 1/12th scale...

In any event...please let us know when their available for sale.
Carl,
Having a second pack wouldn't hurt but def. is not necessary. It takes me roughly 20 min. to charge mine back up after a run, it usually only takes 1500mah. Charging it at 7 amps it doesn't take that long at all.

The packs will come with wires out the front and a dean connector. The one I am testing I put battery bars on through the case, which is pretty neat, I'm just not sure it's going to be legal to do for major races according to Roar. I'll get some pics of it up here in a bit.

My first test pack I kept the wires and the deans plug. I shortened them up a bit and had the wires follow the front of the case, then glued the deans plug to the front of the case. It was actually really neat, but like you I am not a fan of plugs of any kind, especially on a 12th scale car. You can see pics of that in an earlier post I had in this thread.

I'll keep you posted on availability.