Thread: Serpent 705
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 05:59 PM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Devin
Setup question for you guys.
Sorry but I'm a little late...

Here's my take. What setup are you running? If you're using the stock setup (prefered for one way) in your car, then you'll definitely have push.

The first simple things that I would do on the track if I was having a on power and mid power push, I'll play around with caster settings and front camber. More caster angle will favour on power steering. If you have an adjustable rear sway bar installed, you can stiffen the rear. This also favours on power steering. Soften the front sway bar will increase front bite.

Perhaps the reason why the car is acting that way on power is because the weight transfers to the rear easily. More so if you're using yellow springs in the rear. You can deny the car do this by using stiffer red springs in the rear or ballancing the car by putting in yellow springs in the front. Try using less piston holes in the rear or try using thicker shock oil in the rear. Stiffening the rear shocks would help prevent the excessive weight transfer to the rear.

I would agree with TurnNburn about using thicker diff oil in the front to increase on power steering but that would hurt the off power steering characteristics. Besides it's messy to change the front diff oil. A faster way would be to tighten the rear ball diff a little. That would give the car more on power steering.