R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VTA tuning Q&A
Thread: VTA tuning Q&A
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 11:47 AM
MarkBrown
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
I have a question and I am pretty sure I am not the only one having this same issue I am running the Xray T2 007 EU w/21.5/lipo(orion 3800) how do you get the car to balance static or otherwise? My setup seems great under left turn conditons but loose on right turns it's like extreme tweak. I cant use any of the weight plates unless I change batt's due to the humps on the orion. If anyone has an xray or an option or idea I would appreciate.
Originally Posted by TwoTone
I've seen pic where people sand the bumps off.
If you sand off the bumps on an Orion case, you end up with holes in the case, which defeats the purpose of the hard case to some extent.

A better option for the Orion packs with bumps (3200/3400/3600/3800) is to flip the pack over so the flat side (or side with the "pocket" for the 3200/3400) is down. Using a drill that's a bit smaller than a bullet connector, drill through to the (new) top of the case to give access to each connector, then use an xacto to open up the holes so the bullet connector fits. You can wrap the drill with tape to avoid scratching up the bullet connector sockets as you drill through them.

Now if you are running a 3200 or 3400 you can fill the "pocket" with ballast and it will be down next to the chassis plate where it belongs. If you are running a 3600 or 3800 you can use a weight plate or just fill the battery slots in the chassis with ballast.