R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Outback RC 2008
Thread: Outback RC 2008
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 07:48 AM
BobWoodhouse
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

D&S,

It is off-road. I have floated around the idea of including a dirt oval. Didn't get much interest, and then I had to recognize that I am very familiar with off-road, but not at all with oval. Without oval being in my heart/blood, I am inclined to skip that idea for 2009.

I think on-road would be interesting. I have no plans for it right now. It would probably require me to make a multi-purpose on-raod / basketball court asphalt pad. That would be an idea subject to review after a couple years.

I put my VTA car out on the dirt track just for kicks, and it got hung up on a little piece of crab grass. Cracked me up.

One thing that I am looking at is how to make the place open to a maximum spread of people, but not encourage class dilution. I have limited the venue to electric, but we still have a wide spread of visitors -- 1/8th conversion, 1/10th (2wd, 4wd, truck), 1/18th, Slash.

Another idea floating around (in my mind) is to have some kind of totally open electric rookie class (for rookies), maybe a totally open exhibition class (for special stuff), and then ROAR-guided standard classes so that the outback might be able to attract & produce folks who race in such a standard way.