R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TQ Racing SX8
Thread: TQ Racing SX8
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 04:46 AM
Euro Stealth
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well yesterday I got to watch 2 SX8's run in the Florida State Race opener.

Pro buggy was a stacked race.

TQ. JR Mitch
2. Ryan Eckert
3. Billy Easton(running an SX8)
4. Jason Rouna
5-11 iunno
12. Trey Cook (running an SX* and bumping up from the C)

Mitch and Eckert got collected on the first lap, and Easton took the lead and ran. He had the entire field a lap down except Eckert and Mitch. 1:30 left in the race and somehow Easton was on his lid in a bad spot of the track, being that is has no close marshall. This allowed Mitch to catch, and get by. Iunno if Billy lost his tires, or was just frustrated, but he came across the line in 2nd behind Mitch, and in front of Eckert(3rd)

Trey Cook ran great all day long, bumped from the c main into the B. Caught a lucky break in the B main when the leader of the entire race flamed out, AND broke something in the rear with 20 seconds to go. A-Main though was a chore. Good start and he was running 6th when the carb needle housing came loose We got that fixed then he flamed out after 3 more laps.

The buggies were dialed all weekend, and it was really nice to see the only 2 (that I know of that were there) make it into the Pro A-main.

Edited due to me sucking at spelling Trey, and getting the correct info in there.

Last edited by Euro Stealth; 11-10-2008 at 08:42 AM.