R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2008, 06:10 AM
BiggDogg33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
Just bought the GT2 Corvette...keepin' up with the juan's (jlock)... Actually, I am at the Vegas race. Spooky (Gus Woods) works for one on the LHS's and has been tempting me with the car... he brought one down just in case I decided that I needed it. Well he broke a shock shaft and we both were thinking about the 'spare'. My wife came down last night... I flashed the 'oh please, oh please, oh please' and she caved in... woo hoo... I had to pull the radio gear out and replace it with the gear from the GT. Changed the shocks to my 'old' shocks and replaced the steering assembly. Broke in (sorta) the engine and headed out to run a tank on the track. Once we leaned out the engine a bit this thing really ran strong and oh my heck speed when the 21/40 starts winding up.

Now for the complaints... the paint inside the body is the wrong type. It flakes. Wrong type of paint Kyosho!! There is only side to side adjustment with the engine mounts. The pinions are very tight to the spurs front to rear. I think that this may have contributed to the second gear stripping at the end of the first tank. Yeah.. I didn't check the mesh before running it.. Doooh! While I rebuilt the two speed this evening I saw the tightness. Qualifiers in the morning. We'll see.

I ran the car with 1000 wt in all four shocks. Rear layed down all the way (outside-bottom, inside-top) and in the middle top-front. No sways. 3 degrees in the rear. The car ran very well. Turned tight and held a good line (not great ... yet) in the high speed sweeper. The new engine is a big improvement from the GT.... as good or better than the Axial .28 (gray head). Still working on the low speed needle... trying to get some more snap out of it... I know it's there... just gotta find it...

Overall...first impression....A real step up from the GT.
I totally agree with you on all you said because my audi body paint flaked up real bad too and I also stripped my 2nd gear too, but I run the .21 onroad motor by RB the Xenon R MurnanModified and the car was fast and the car is ok but needs plenty of work done to it before you actually put it on the track, far as strenthening the body and wing adding stiffer shocksprings and shockoil and changing diff oil,sway bars,tires, 3shoeflywheel,carbonshoes,1.1clutchsprings,exhaust and manifold,turnbuckles,and etc and if you take it straight out the box the car is fun but you will have to do alot to run with other cars to see it perform like a monster,the GXR.28SG MOTOR is nice but for you to get real good power from it you must lean on it a bit and then it wont last long but it will take temps of 240.degrees and be ok!!! but hey I feel like kyosho couldve done a little better than what they did you get the car and gotta put so much money to get it 100% race ready it like buying 2 cars!!! and when they release the bodies for sale Im hoping they are not expensive as easy as the paint flakes and they are so timid too!!! the GT1 bodies where much tougher!!