R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CRC Battle Axe, GenXPro 10, 1/10th pan, Brushless, Lipo,4c, Road, Oval,TipsandTricks
Old 11-08-2008, 12:43 AM
Pro ten Holland

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan

There is a geometry change with this addition. Mostly it changes it to what CRC calls the long arm suspension. The upper arm is longer than the prostrut upper arm. It is equivalent in length to the Associated suspension.
This geometry issue is why I changed back from the CRC pro-strut to the Asso front end.
The Asso front end gave me less steering on corner entry (which scrubs less speed) and gives less mid-corner understeer. The car also became more predictable on corner exit.

I have tried several caster setting and springs on the CRC front end, but the car immediately felt better with Asso front end.

As far as I can see, the Asso front end was originally deigned for 10thscale use and then adepted for 12th scale cars (the 12th scale version has shorter king pins and springs, but the lower arm are too tall to run small 12th scale tires without modification).
The CRC front end seems to be designed with 12th scale in mind. The short upper arm geometry seems to work best on narrower cars. (12th cale and 200mm).

Most drivers that use the CRC front end on their wide Pro10s here use the long suspension arm upgrade or that reason.