R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - xtm chassis(tmaxx .21 conversion)
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 05:39 PM
HyperJC
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drebies_one
so i just scored a xtm .21 chassis conversion for the tmaxx,for 20$ i couldnt go wrong...anyway im having trouble finding a motor mount,i plan on dropping in my .26 from my ofna dm one and the motor mounts definitly dont match up with the chassis.....if anyone knows what i should do please help me...heh pathetic i know,but this is the only thing holding me back from the big build.
i scored the center cv by mistake...i bought these dynamite center cv..and i went to put em on my tmaxx 3.3 and wooops they dont fit...so i read the pakage and it says for the.21 conversion and wouldnt you know it blam i just got that chassis and chassis braces so i figured im good..got all kinds of extra rpm parts stock part ect. im all excited thinking imma have a bb beast to show off tomorrow but no engine mounts...and what spur gear should i run..or what spur/clutch.....ok i babble and this is my first post ha!
help
Well I have the same conversion and have yet to destroy my diffs and transmission like some may say. If you read the traxxas forums the bb conversion is not recommended due to the cost involved. The mounts look like those for a .21 engine from XTM. Some people run the old 2.5 transmission. I'm running the Tmaxx 3.3 transmission with the forward only conversion. I'm also using the stock brakes and plastic drive shafts. The spurs I'm using are for the Revo. Then can use most 1/8th scale clutchbells. If you are using the old 2.5 transmission then you can use the Monster MGT spurs. Loosen up the slipper a little bit and take her out for a spin. I started out with an old .15 tmaxx which I converted over. Its been done through a process of a few years. I also run a .21 engine vs a .28. I wouldn't dare installing my picco .28 in the Tmaxx. I've seen Tmaxx and Revo trucks destroyed when using the bigger motors. Hopefully I will be shipping the Tmaxx over to my friend Stiffler in Texas so that she can see some track time. Hope this helps.