R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The future of 1/12 scale
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 03:42 PM
wingman2
Tech Master

Some intresting reading in here guys. However, right now I have 5 x packs of 4200 cells, 3 x chargers for them, 1 x discharger for them. I also run brushed motors and have loads of them all in great condition. Most, if not all, the people I race with are in a similar situation apart from some that run brushless motors. What I gather from this thread is that all of us are now totally out of date with this equipment and that it should all be thrown away, just because SOME people want to run LiPo. Well, sorry, I don't buy into it. Why would I, and the rest of the guys I race with, want to go out and buy new battery packs, chargers and whatever else needed (small motor/esc, etc) when there is nothing wrong with what we have right now? I just don't get it. I understand that some people want to 'move the class forward' but are you really doing that? I really cannot see us in the UK or over in Europe wanting to make such a drastic change to a class that is probably one of the best supported in our country. In fact, reading what has been put on here seems to make life alot more hassle with regards to running LiPo, especially if you have to have your LiPo batteries 'checked' before racing and they can't be over a certain voltage or whatever, that sounds like a bunch of hassle to me for racers and race organizers as well. My 2p worth is leave the class alone. It's done fine over the last 25+ years and it will continue to do so in the future. Cheers!!