R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 12:50 PM
MHarrison
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

DiFF V/s Spool.

I had a great weekend to test just a Diff & then a Spool. Smooth surface, med. grip track ,Semi tight to tight track.

I took my Same setup I always run , And Just changed to the diff. My First problem was WAY to much oversteer on corner exit. Made some minor changes, still same problem, made a few more changes and it seemed to get better but still too much exit snap. Made my Final Major changes to make the car " easier " to drive. And it just didn't Feel the way I wanted it to. \
Went back to the pits and Just changed from the Diff to the spool and the car was Night & day. " a little twitchy " campared to the diff. But it Eliminated the corner exit snap ( on power oversteer ) . NOw this is just on this track, I'm not saying this is the results on every track, Also my faster lap times were turned after installing the Spool . By .4 tenths per lap.
As Far as braking, I didn't see any or feel any advantage by the Diff or the spool , I braked pretty much the same.AnD As Far as loosing any steering ( off power ) corner entry . I didn't Feel any difference. I did feel like I could be a little more agressive with the spool.

I had tried the diff 1 other time at a different track & had similar results forcing me to change quickly back to my standard setup.
I believe the Diff V/S Spool Is gonna be Driver Preference.

As I had said before , in the NT1 I loved the diff & only the Diff.
But for the Evo wc. I am much happier with the spool. not to mention I get to shed a bunch of grams in Rotating mass.

Brian, I don't know what you found out ( if you have tried it yet ) But Post what you find.AND If you liked it