R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best chassis to setup and driving
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 PM
mac853
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fastforward
from my experiance the 416 is very good but you have to upgrade to short arms and the kit C-Hubs break easy. The X-Ray should be an excelent choice as well.
In the case i have suggest to the everyone just to change the aluminium C-hubs, but never the front knuckles. I am using rc-square knuckles in 415, it brokes the wrench of up kingpin just 2nd race day.
No good for the rear hub in aluminium, in the case i thought it would affect the rear traction, but vice-versa, i saw somebody broke twice plastic rear hub of his 415MSXX in the 1st race main, the car just ran 2-3 min on the track.
I am not sure if TRF416 should be my choice or not, in my eyesight is still "unavoidable" as the best choice, the only cons is the mostly people around me is using it then i don't like this situation so much, like a "sheeple".
About put run with the short arms, convince it's this chassis is so much understeering, but as i know the newest kit will included already these parts.
Honestly, my favourite chassis is also HB cyclone, is the 2nd car most appearing around me, but the problem is that TC is so much "unkit", you need to buy much more option parts than for 416, a lot of racing kind are not in there. But off course, maybe after Worlds HPI will release a newer version kit, so i am looking forward for see what will happening in the further months.