R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4/T4 Forum
Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 03:37 PM
DavidR
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

TorchAZ - As far as I myself am concerned. Lipo is the only way to go.

Extended run times... Lighter weight... Higher Voltage. All of these are advantages to Lipo.

The Cost is a big disadvantage though. Chargers and Balancers for Lipo as well as the Lipos themselves aren't cheap obviously.

One thing I did forget to mention... You will need to get a Lipo Cutoff with your setup just to be safe.

Lipos cannot be run below 3.3V Per cell or you will damage them. This comes in at 6.6v for a 2S Pack.

As for performance difference... Yes you will notice a little more ZIP just because of the increase in voltage.

The other cool thing about Lipo is they don't slowly loose energy over the race.. for the most part what you start the run with is what you finish the run with as far as "Zippiness" goes. NiMH kinda looses a little umph during the race.

Jeff Taylor - Thanks for the input! That's more of what I wanted to hear! So how many total HOURS of time do you think are on those outdrives. I usually rebuild my diffs after every other race weekend anyway. As cheap as the outdrives are I'd just be willing to call them an expendable peice every couple months or so.