R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Locked front diff ?????
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 03:38 AM
bjr48
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by freestyles
Thanks guys i'm in the middle of changing the oil to 5k in my diff (no 7k) cause i know it will work so i wont have to change diff oils on the day.

Just another question, my mate who invited me to the race says to have bigger holes in your shock pistons up front with 50wt oil compared to medium holes in the rear with 35wt oil. I didn't want to say anything to him as he is a top bloke but i thought you would have the medium hole shock piston up front with the larger hole piston in the rear shocks.

Correct me if i'm wrong but the only reason i can see is that it might help the rear of the buggy to not dip when accelerating. Any help would be great.
Don't worry. 5k should be a real good start. I started with 3k/5k/1k and noticed that my front tires were slightly wearing in the middle so I'm going to switch to about 5k/7k/1k to help front tire balooning from the center diff and get more on power steering. Once I see how that effects things I'll bet I'm going to increase the rear to 2k or 3k to get the rear end to rotate more so I don't have to tap the brakes in a couple of corners. But I'm also getting an engine with more power next year so that changes the feel too!
This will depend a lot on your track and driving style. I can see that not being sure about the extreme of 100k has been confirmed by everyone. You should do real good with 5k to start out with