R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak ESC 7cell = Overheat?????
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 12:23 PM
everyjuangohome
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default Novak ESC 7cell = Overheat?????

Hey guys. I have a losi-xxxt with the Traxxas vxl velinien set-up and I run a 7cell batt. The cells are 4500Nmah. I get about 17-20min run times with this set-up and no issues at all.

Now my neighbor comes over and he is running a RC10t4 with a Novak Super Sport 5800 burshless setup. He currently had a 6cell but it's life is over. Anyways he grabbed one of my 7cells and started running it around. I have a small track in my backyard. Well he gets about 5min of run time and the car shuts off and the speed controller is suuuuuuuuper hot. So I did some research. The novak super sport is capable of running a 4-7 cell. So that's not the problem. We checked the gearing Spur 87 pinion 18 that is dead on according to the Novak guide. Also the other problems occuring is glitching really bad. Choppy on the gas and it starts to turn on it's own.

Any idea's what's happening. He still is getting glitching with the 6cell now and even the 6cell is getting his ESC hot not nearly like the 7. He said it did not get how when he first got the car. We have read that maybee the capacitor went bad? how often does this happen?