R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEFX Racing Thread.
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Josh Cyrul
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Timmay!!!

The Halloween Classic went well for CEFX. EA TQ'd and won the GT class along with setting the fastest laps (I think by at least .15) and we were able to put 3 cars in the 10.5 1/12 main with David Chester, Michael Skeen and myself. I don't know if we had any cars in the 17.5 main as I think only a few guys were running the car there but I know Jeff Beaule had a top 5 run going in qualifying when he was sent off the track. I crashed in 10.5 but had one of the fastest cars all weekend and I think the only car that had a shot at Ray Derroch who had a great weekend at The Gate.

Now that the new updates are out for the Phoenix, I am sure a lot of racers will be very happy with the car.

For 2008/09 season we changed the chassis slightly to allow clearance for the new shaped t-bars and to move the batteries further forward. Also, the bottom plate has been revised to match this shape, removed the two inner holes (we never use) to be even stronger. The result is t-bars that are virtually UNBREAKABLE!!! We've had some serious hits and I don't think any of us have even given the t-bar a white stress mark. Also, the updated design improved the stiffness in reguards to any pod flex/rear steer that the prevous t-bars may have had.

The Gate is quite bumpy for most carpet tracks but I think the myth about t-bar vs. link may have been put to rest. A lot of people claim that the link cars are so much better over the bumps but EA's win in GT (t-bar) and 4 out of the top 5 in 10.5 were t-bar cars. In the main, it was 3 CEFX, 4 CRC, 2 Corally & 1 AE. Split, 5 and 5 for t-bar vs. link....

I'm heading out to run some errands and then cut some graphite. The site is close to being launched so I am going to try and work on some stuff for it tonight!!!