R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Evolva M3
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:30 AM
Rich Browne
Tech Master

Originally Posted by boy_bee555
How will it effect? If I put it in the inner position, this will increase or decrease the effect on the camber gain?

Boy_bee,

Camber gain is a tuning tool. Your goal, in set-up, is trying to make the tire contact patch match the "traction needs" at a given point on the track. To illustrate - (this is a explaination only): Your car is pretty hooked up, but, mid way in the sweeper the rear end gets loose. (I know there are other ways to accomplish my next statement). Keep in mind, when the rear end gets loose, you need a bigger contact patch from the tire (at that exact moment, well 2/100's before) - how - adjust the camber gain and static camber angle - it can give you a very good balance of suspension deflection to tire contact optimization.

Take the tire and shocks off the car and observe the angle the axle takes as you move the suspension up and down = study the angle of each pin setting. It will become very clear, the huge effect the camber adjustment has on the deflection of the suspension. Study your contact patch angles. Now, try to make what you observed translate to what the car needs at the track. It's not easy....

Sorry, that was long winded and I hate to write - you are welcome to contact any of the Empire guys, we will be happy to go into as much tedious depth as you would like - We do enjoy these cars!

Last edited by Rich Browne; 10-28-2008 at 07:41 AM.