R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:13 AM
or8ital
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Mike Haynes was super fast at the Gate, but his car was totally on point, along with his proven driving skills. There were several cars that were just as fast down the straight. I didn't realize Mike Collins had a 17.5, since his car was just as fast as the rest.

I hope Seaball will come on this thread, as he did not run 21.5 until Sunday (borrowed a motor). I think he could shed some light here.

PS about sweet sweet V8 rumble: the motor sound apparently does NOT work correctly with brushless. After the race, I temp'd my motor at 150*F. Way too hot. The instructions say it doesn't work with brushless but I hooked it up anyway, and it worked. I do have the feeling the 2 wires you have to run off the motor may have been creating some sort of short in the system
I wasnt at the race so I dont know for sure. But I know going into the race Mike Collins said he was going to run a 27T. He didn't think he could gear a 17.5 on the TC3. Mike is a great driver thats been at it for 20+ years. It did seem to me looking at the results that whatever combo the first place driver was running must have been a lot faster.

What is the best handling body for this class?