R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Barracuda from Alex racing
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Herminator
Tech Elite

well the car is fine
it urns out that I did have a tyre coming off
all the other tyres are holding tight but the left rear which is doing the most work has come off around almost half the rim, it looks suspiciously clean, like all that was holding it on before was glue that had bled around from the other side, whereas that side hadn't had any glue aplied, assuming they apply glue in two or three places that is. Looks like I put the one poorly glued tyre in the worst place possible, the others won't even start to come off the rims when I pull at them. It seemed odd when driving it, more predictable than a tyre coming off normaly is, but must be because it's so much of it coming off

Ahwell, atleast there's nothing big to do for tomorrow nights club racing.

I'm worried about my 19turn motor though
Looks like I'll be lucky to get a light skim out of it before the comm decides to part company with the armature, it's been a little power horse all summer and now it's about to die
It would be fine if I wasn't planning on racing at one last meeting this summer, Carlisle's reverse track meeting with 19turn and 27stock classes.
Anyone heard of a motor glitching badly when it's at the end of it's life? The last qualifier it would cut out rapidly down the straight, sounded like a bloomin F1 car with it's traction control working overtime. Final it would only do it for a split second at a few spots around the tracvk when getting hard on the throttle.
I had it skimmed by someone elses lathe, could their lathe be dodgy? although they know what they are doing and although they've had a few motor problems I don't think they've had anything like this.
I have a weak suspicion about the speedo being a little fualty but it's an odd coincidence that I had the problems imediatly after a light skim.