R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Audi/Corvette IGT2 (GXR28SG) motor
Old 10-27-2008, 12:46 AM
MikaR
Tech Master

Originally Posted by modhobby
So I have I had this Audi car for over 4 weeks. I am having a heck of time getting it to run well. I cannot get it to run under 320 degrees without sacrificing the power, even at 320 the power band is really flat between the mid-top end of the range. I have tried 30% Byrons originally when I got it. Parking lot running. Moved to 20%/12 Byrons for the track, just seemed alright, tried Nitrotane 20% today, then back to Byrons 20%, where I will stay. I tried putting an extra shim on the head. I even tried a another carb from the same stock motor from another racer. Still, just seems flat. It feels like by the time I get to the braking part of the long straight the motor is just starting to come in. Could it be the gearing is not proper for this motor?

BTW, the engine idles fine too.

* FYI: body has 3 inch circle in front, cut out back window, and cut out side windows. So, I mean there is airflow. I am at a loss here.
The gearing of GT2 is great and suits this engine fine.
It sounds you're running too lean in the bottom and/or top. 320F is 160C which is way too much. Try to lower the temps by 50-60C by richening out. This means 230F or less. Increase the idle if it stalls (it likely will when richening out from those temps).