R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine Wars Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2003, 07:39 AM
EdwardN
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
Top Gun,

What's this i read about a MPP777 mod motor?
Ok, the first of all, as up today we are moddifying existing engines, novas based or other brand, doesn't realy meter. As for me, I like to work with 3 ports engine and realy didn't see so far real differnce between 3 porst or 5 ports, the question is to guide mixture to right place at right time. It is involving timing altering on all three fases-induction, transfer and exhaust and relaping piston and in some cases sleeves to desired configuration. The run in time is cut to 10% to compare for what is required today. In our modding run in time is about 2 tanks-that's all. This is what is up to date today.
For nova based engines we will have new P/S/conrod sets ready by November. There will be use totaly different materials from what are common today. It will be 3 ports ROAR, EFRA legal sets.
The other project are comming is brand not any other brand engine totaly our design .12 engine. I can't disclose any info on it yet, just we are working to have it ready by winternats and hopefuly we will have them tested and tuned.
The .21 engine based on the same principals expecting to come by May-June next year.
If you have more questions regarding any of this projects, I am ready to answer as much as I can.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 09-07-2003 at 01:13 PM.