R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Are CORR trucks the next class to enter the national spotlight?
Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 PM
csweatt
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WheelNut
I really don't see CORR taking off in a big way. The only advantage they offer over the established 1/8th classes is realism. The performance of a CORR truck is comprimised in a few ways compared to a buggy or truggy on the track, so the driving is kind of a step down from either class. CORR trucks also don't offer better bashing ability than a truggy, or monster truck because of their small tires and normal suspension travel. Also the SC8 isn't cheap, so starting off in the hobby with it won't be that easy. From what I have seen working at the hobby here is that there really isn't a lot of excitement generated by the Slash or Slayer with normal off the street people. The Revo, Tmaxx, or Savage create way more interest. Now those people aren't racers, but only 20-30% of hobbyists are racers, so I feel that interest at the hobby is a good indicator of overall popularity. My prediction: CORR trucks will be slightly more successful than 1/5th scale offroad.
+1 I agree. They are just to high.