R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA F103 RM
Thread: TAMIYA F103 RM
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Vyger
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
Ok, ball suspension is what all the really fast guys are running at the track. Now I am not sure if any are running tweek screws.. if I wanted to put them in.. could any mark up a pic to show me how to do that?

James
Hey bob, it sounds like you had one hell of a night. I'm happy to hear your having fun with it. I'd seriously tape the battery in and loose those cups. Not only do they pop off occasionally but they also drag on the edge of the curbing. This can really upset the car when you're cornering. What I do is slide the batter in, then I slide in a coffee stir stick between the top of the battery and the upper deck. This keeps the battery nice and snug and lowers the CG of the battery by about 3-4mm (depending of the stir stick. Then wrap the ends with tape. I've never had a batter get ejected when mounted like this.

As for your question about the tweak screws, if you're using the ball pivot mounts you should see two holes located near the pivot ball. There's one on each side of it. I used a 2.5mm socket head screw and tapped each of the holes. I run the screw down until it's just making contact with the T-plate. Then I measured the rear of the car from the outside of each rear wheel. Now divide that in half and you'll be able to find the center of the rear of the car. I marked this on the back of the T-plate so I can see it from the back. Load your car up as if you're getting ready to race it, get everything prepped. Then carefully lift the car at the center mark with the tip of an exacto knife. One tire will lift up more than the other. Adjust your screws up and down, meaning down of the left and up on the right (equal amounts and small adjustments) until both tires are lifting at the same time. Once you have that drive the car, it made need a little more adjusting (tweaking) to get it dialed in for your track. But that should give you a starting point. I'm sure there's different schools of thought on this, as a matter of fact I know some people that tweak the car from the front. You kinda have to play with it and ask the guys at your local track what they're playing with.

I use to do this when I raced RC10L's. I tried it on the F103 and didn't like the feel of it. I personally prefer the O-ring setup. It's way easier and to me, more consistent in the corners, but everyone's different.

Hope this helps.