R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 05:53 PM
TwoTone
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
there isnt anythin in the same building with 21.5. waitin for them to say 4.4 instead of 4.2. transam shootout was another case n pt. silver cans, bleh, guys get bend over for power and plop 50bux down for doc to hand em some freak thats been not been cranked (believe what you want) and spins like mad. so much so that coopers with season handouts were 1.5sec/lap slower than wk b4 when TCS was run. crazy indeed. 540 racing just sux period unless every1 has an equal motor. ray k did somethin cool with 'senior spec' or some folks still affectionately call it 'TL01' as it was called for over 10yrs at 1 of the local tracks,....taking the great idea that was tamiya spec cars (tt01s) and using handout 'red-dots' from doc himself. no issues w/motor 'whinings' there.

oh well, 1 day i might run this TA car. just dont know when.

R
I miss Doc's Thursday Night F1's with club motors. Guys that spanked my in TC, I could normally be within a lap or 2 because it boiled down to driving and not as much set up.

While I like the USVTA, I wish I had heard about his TT01 class in Frederick earlier, considering a new TT01R can be had for $70