R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The future of 1/12 scale
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Roland S
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdMod
Man if you want to see a huge decline in the class go with your idea and see how many follow.Others have tried the same idea as you and posted their results on this thread.It just doesnt work out to be comatible with what is being run.As for equipment there is no way I will go buy a esc and motor that I wont be able to use in any of my other cars just to run 1/12.If I was going to buy a micro BL setup it would be to setup a 1/18 scalpel. As it stands all i will have to do is buy a single cell lipo and build a 5.00 receiver pack, and all my other gear will work in every other car I run.That has been the appeal of 1/12 especially where we live.After the snow falls you can take your gear out of your 1/10 cars to run 1/12 in the winter and not have to spend the money to buy dedicated gear to put in a car you only run for 5-6 months out of the year. Sorry but you are just being pushy about this now. I have read your posts and I get what you are saying , but you are asking to completely re-structure the class,and that is just too much change at 1 time.

Please don’t say that I’m pushy. Others may have wrong impression of me because of your comment. We simple have different point of view. You are in favor of using single cell and I’m in favor of 2-cell. Am I not free to express my opinion?

Quote form post#1:”Who puts a gun at our head and demand that we have to run this class with a certain size of motor, certain capacity of battery, or even at a certain weight that a 1/12 has to be?” By the same logic, who says you have to do like I do? Why stop me from saying what I believe what’s the best thing that can happen to 1/12 scale racing. And if you don’t believe me, that’s really fine with me.

And I think I’m a very open minded person. I knew some people will object to it, that’s why I post in post#1:

”However, let me be upfront about it, I’m in favor of the 1/12 with a 2-cell lipo. I’ll explain to you why I think a 2-cell racing package is better than a single cell racing package. I’ll show you what you need and how to do about it. You can post you opinion here even you’re for single cells, but just be more on 2 cells. I wish all the 1/12 scale racer have an open mind about all the discussion here, whether you’re for single cell or 2 cells, and that we don’t rush ROAR into making any decision until more options are tried by more people. I suggest that a track that race 1/12 allow both type to be run together, only then we can see which type is a better way to run the 1/12 scale.

I merely suggest we should look at this issue more broadly. Am I wrong?

Yes, others have tried the same idea, 2cell with smaller motor, but failed. But that does not mean I fail too in my experiment. Actually, you’ve read all along, and you know they failed, as I pointed out, because they used small-but-still-too-big of motor for this idea to work. And none of them were courageous enough to admit it. I just want people to know such a possibility.