R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Idea's for changes to the 2009 JBRL series
Old 10-21-2008, 11:11 PM
JeromeK99
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdub202
okay, i dont run the jbrl (i live in michigan) but i have to chime in about the serious-ness.

that is what series are about. weekly club races are where the fun is at. yeah the series should be fun, but they are for points, and trophies. mock the trophy if you will but dont race the series if you dont care. its once a month, relax the other 3 weekends. some people do take racing pretty serious. we get sponsored and have fun with tough competition. if you ARE slow, get the heck out of the way when faster drivers are coming up. (i can be slow too, dont take that the wrong way).
Perhaps.... but the original idea here was for local racers... nobody makes big money racing toy cars. Actually we all spend a whole lot of money, even the "sponsored" drivers!

It's toy racing... if it's not fun, we shouldn't do it... all it's going to do is make a lot of racers quit... It takes away a lot of the most enthusiastic club racers to go and try the series race... they spend more than they would for a whole month of racing to go to a track and race one day a month. Some of these folks stop racing club...and only the series. If they don't have fun.. they quit all together...

I think the series is cool.. I have had fun at some of them... some really sucked... Something is going on because they seemed to get smaller and smaller as the series went along.. ya ya.. the economy and all.. but... If it was more fun, we'd see a lot more folks going...

Jerome