Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Vyger
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, I got some time tonight to throw some stickers on the Sauber. I thought I'd start with a clean picture of the car before any stickers get applied. I also decided to take it up a notch from the stock Tamiya supplied stickers.

This is the plain car with just paint.

As I mentioned I decided to go a little extra so I opted out of the simple plain black stickers that go on the sides of the front wing. I picked up a sheet of Tamiya's new Carbon Fiber Pattern sticker sheet. It's not completely true to scale but it gets the point across and has a nice effect.

I used some rubbing alcohol to clean the wings off, removing any oils and fingerprints. To get this to work I pealed the backing up and laid each of the wings on its side and pressed down. I used the exacto knife to trim along the edges and cut to fit.

Because the rear wing is adjustable I cut an X pattern in the sticker once applied, then used a quetip to push the sticker in. This helps prevent the sticker from rumpling up when the screws get tightened.

I used the same sticker sheet for the front wing.

With the carbon backing on I was ready for to apply the kit supplied stickers to the wings.

I also decided to throw some paint on the front wing to add that little bit extra to it. I used Tamiya Semi Gloss Black on the inside of the front wing. This should give it enough reflection to simulate that epoxy carbon look. I taped off both wing elements and applied a few coats of paint using the wide tipped brush mentioned earlier.

I didn't get a chance to finish the rear wing. I still have apply the white stickers to the upper wing element. But it's late, I have work in the moring, I'm tired, I'm hungry and I'm done for the night. Below are the pics showing the car with the wings mounted and the cock painted.