R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 04:23 PM
crazy4wdracer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I’m thrilled finally be able to announce a union between the Snowbird Nationals and the United States Vintage Trans Am Racing Association. In less than a year, the USVTA has been leading the charge to help bring one of the fastest growing single classes in all of R/C car racing to club tracks around the country. To this point, the support and feedback has been outstanding, and this news should add to the excitement.

The addition of the USVTA class at the 2009 Snowbird Nationals will showcase one of the most exciting and entertaining classes I have participated in through my 25-years of racing R/C cars. With a decline in all R/C racing in recent years, racing needs a big shot of fun and excitement—and this is the perfect class. Much more reasonable speed, lower costs, realistic and exciting looking bodies, wheels and tires, less traction and wheel-to-wheel action drive this class. It IS the next big thing.

There will be at least 2 representatives from the USVTA in attendance to assist with tech, Concours and help with any questions or concerns that may arise. We’re all very excited to see Vintage Trans Am begin it’s relationship with the 2009 Snowbird Nationals, and we look forward to a fantastic event in February.

So get your Concours done up for the end of January, and get ready for some fantastic T/A action at the 2009 'Birds!

doug
I'm very glad to hear this. Being new to onroad this was the perfect class for me. I didn't need a fancy, expensive chassis to be competitive either.