R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 4WD....what is everyone running for a buggy?
Old 10-21-2008, 03:08 PM
RC Dad
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Everything listed so far is a decent ride as far as I'm concerned. Personally I run the Academy SBV2 and have been pretty happy so far. I've had it for 1 season so far and the only parts I've replaced were a hingepin and the arm attached to it (happened in same wreck). As far as I'm concerned that's about the most durable one out there. It performs well and isn't too expensive either.
Just had to add another buggy option to the list.
+1 on the Academy. Once you swap out the factory shock pistons they're pretty stout and easy to drive and setup.
On the other hand My XXX4G+ hasn't broke anything either and, yes, I crash alot. My biggest issue is chassis flex. My batts fall out of the XXX4 repeatedly. The strap is formed for old 3300 cells so doesn't fit the 4200 and 4600 packs. I've had to turn the strap upside down, which is still plenty tight but during a crash the chassis flexes enough to dump them out the side. I even tried stick packs wich were really tight and they did the same. Odd for a graphite chassis, don't you think? Anyone else experience this?